2020 San Diego Regional Event Workshop
Date: Saturday, October 19, 2019
Location: University of San Diego Campus Map
Presenter Check-in / Information Table: Manchester Hall LobbyInvitees: Head Coaches, Student Board, Team Committee members, Adult event coaches, High school student coaches, students, parents, adults and anyone else who may be interested in learning more about Science Olympiad.
University of San Diego Water Service
Support the University of San Diego's ongoing commitment to sustainability by bringing your own reusable water bottles to the workshop. Water fountains are located in each building.
Campus Parking Information
Parking permits are not required on Saturday or Sunday. You may park in any space that is not red or marked "Reserved 24/7". If available, Olin Hall parking lot is a good option.
Campus Dining Options:
Pavilion Dining - located in the Student Life Pavilion, which has a wide range of food choices
Tu Mercado - located in the Student Life Pavilion, which has a deli and small grocery
Walk-in sessions; no pre-signup required. Please go directly to the specified locations.
- 9:45-10:15 Gravity Vehicle C @ Camino Hall-101A
- 9:45-10:15 Ornithology B/C @ Camino Hall-101B
- 9:45-10:15 Experimental Design B/C @ Camino Hall-108
- 9:45-10:15 Wright Stuff C @ Camino Hall-112
- 9:45-10:15 Codebusters B/C @ Camino Hall-109
- 9:45-10:15 Detector Building C @ Camino Hall-115
- 9:45-10:15 Machines B/C @ Camino Hall-111
- 10:00-10:30 Regional Meeting (Topics: Tournament structure change, switching tournaments, Head Coach Dashboard)
- 10:30-11:30 Head Coach Discussion @ Manchester Hall Auditorium
- 10:30-11:00 Chemistry Lab C @ Camino Hall-101B
- 10:30-11:00 Ping-Pong Parachute B/C @ Camino Hall-101A
- 10:30-11:00 Mission Possible B @ Camino Hall-115
- 10:30-11:00 Crime Busters B @ Camino Hall-112
- 10:30-11:00 Sounds of Music C @ Camino Hall-111
- 11:00-11:30 Boomilever B/C @ Camino Hall-108
- 11:15-11:45 Mousetrap Vehicle B @ Camino Hall-115
- 11:15-11:45 Food Science B @ Camino Hall-112
- 11:45-12:15 Circuit Lab B/C @ Camino Hall-109
- 11:45-12:05 Breakout session for New and First-Year Head Coach Q&A @ Manchester Hall Auditorium
- 11:45-12:30 Boomilever B/C Device Testing @ Front of Manchester Hall.
Students are invited to bring their Boomilevers (B and C) to test their devices on our new prototype auto sand loader between 11:45 to 12:30. Winner from each division will receive a $25 See's Candies gift card. Regional team may take pictures, videotape and interview participants for the sole purpose of enhancing the sand loaders.Students may exercise opt-out option, please inform Regional team of such prior to testing.