|Science Olympiad is nationwide competition. Students compete in 23 events that include earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering. Science Olympiad is designed to increase a student’s interest in STEM fields and provide recognition for outstanding achievement in team events. Students compete in Science Olympiad with the top teams advancing from Regional to State to National levels.|
Missouri Science Olympiad consists of 8 Regions (map and counties are located on our website www.moscioly.org). Missouri Science Olympiad is run from September 1st until May 31st. We have an annual coaches workshop before the season begins and start accepting registrations immediately after the season opens. The current year rules manuals are available on the National Science Olympiad website (www.soinc.org) after the first of September as well for free. The downloading of the manual will require a one time sign in.
August 8th, 2019 Registrations will be accepted for the new school year. Please remember if you choose to pay by PO, you must upload the PO from the coaches dashboard in order for the order to be accepted, processed and invoiced. Anyone paying by PO also needs to make sure the e-mail address of accounts payable is on the PO or in the comment section of the upload. We cannot process without that e-mail.
9/1/2019 The 2019-2020 Science Olympiad Season begins
The State Tournament will be held on April 4, 2020 at Westminster College in Fulton, MO
- NEW! Be sure to check the Resources tab to get the latest information on upcoming Invitational Tournaments
- Please remember that the Missouri Science Olympiad office is closed from May 31-Sept. 1 while we prepare for a new year.
- Registrations will be accepted starting on August 8th for the 2019-2020 year
- All registrations must be received by 1/24/20. We will not accept new memberships after that date.
- Beginning September 1, 2019 contact information for several positions will be changing. Patty Palmietto will become the Chairman of the Board and reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org. Greg Spiegel will become the State Director and reachable at email@example.com. Sandy Longhofer will be the State Tournament director and reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org.