We are super excited to announce that Duke University Science Olympiad will be hosting the third annual Duke Invitational on January 30th, 2021! Registration will open 12:00 AM ET on Sunday, November 1st, 2020! More information + updates can be found on our website at https://dukescioly.org.
This year we will be hosting our tournament under the mini SO model. On Scilympiad, all tests will open on January 30th, 2021 at 9am ET and close on January 31st, 9am ET. Teams will still have a time limit of 50 minutes to take the test but may take them anytime over the 24 hour testing window. Grading will occur throughout the week; results will be announced and awards will be shipped the following weekend. Due to logistical constraints, the tournament will run 19 Division C national events, as well as a 3 trial events. Tests will be written by experienced alumni at Duke and former Science Olympiad competitors from the highest level of competition!
There is a registration fee of $40, with $20 for each additional team. We are also willing to help teams that need financial aid or planning to come to our tournament!
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has created new challenges for everyone in the Science Olympiad community, we promise to make our virtual tournament as accommodating and engaging as possible. We hope to see you at our tournament in January! If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Event Specific Clarifications:
- Tests can be taken during any 50 minute block within a 24 testing window (9:00 AM ET January 30th - 9:00 AM ET January 31st). There is no event schedule with the exception of Write It CAD It being self-scheduled.
- There will be no hands-on or lab portion for any event. This includes the prebuild portion for Protein Modeling.
- Write It CAD It will be using FreeCAD and self-scheduled.
- Digital Structures will be a Trial Event and using SkyCiv.
- Protein Modeling will have a Jmol section, and competitors should download a working copy of Jmol (v14.31) before the competition.
IMPORTANT: Please read the DUSO Events Clarifications Document and the Coaches Packet. Please sign up for a WICI time slot here by 1/29/21 11:59 PM ET.
Open: November 1, 2020
Team cap: 150
Payment: $40 for first team, $20 for additional teams.
Payment Due Date extended to January 17, 2021
Date: January 30, 2021
Events: 19 events + 3 trial