2/19/21 - Event cancellation
2/9/21 - Student loginis by ID only.
1/30/21 - Protein Mod papers
1/29/2020 - Info on TD e-mail
1/13/21 - 3 Build Event Mods posted
1/13/21 - State Schedule released
1/8/2021 - Where you can find stuff
1/4/2021 - Event Major Modifications
12/2/2020 - Check email for presentation
11/29/2020 - Tournament Info
11/21/2020 - Incomplete registration notice
11/19/2020 -Reminder of registration end
10/11/2020 - workshops
9/18/2020 - Info added & highlighted
9/8/2020 - Registration process
9/5/2020 - New doc added to fees
9/3/2020 - Registration & Fee dates
9/1/2020 - Invitational Link
9/1/2020 - Soinc updates
8/26/20 - Edited $ amount
8/18/20 - Rules release date updated
8/15/20 - Meeting summary posted
8/10-8/12 Coach Meetings
7/28/20 SO for 2021
7/24/20 Email if hosting Invitational
3/12/20 Div A State cancelled
3/11/20 B&C State Cancelled
3/11/20 COVID-19 Statement
3/1/20 - Regional Results posted
2/8/20 - B State Schedule posted
2/5/20 - Apply for SOSI Grant
1/25/20 B State Schedule & Trial Rules added
1/19/20 - Submit Regional Roster for EVERY team
1/9/20 - Regional Schedules edited
1/7/2020 Regional list by School
12/11/19 - DRAFT Regional Schedules Posted
10/22/19 - Regional Registration open
10/17/19 - Regionals: 2 buttons above
10/8/19 - Protein Model C - major rule change
10/8/19 - Dodgen MS free Road Scholar workshop
10/7/19 - B-C Regional Sites List Posted
10/3/19 - GAME ON: Will use Scratch v3
10/3/19 - Late Reg. $$'s if mailed 10/8 (Tue)
9/25/19 Regional Dates/Sites added
9/19/19 Regenerate an invoice info at bottom
9/16/19 Regional Ornithology List Posted
9/3/19 Rules released!
8/29/19 GA Elementary SO site button added
8/15/19: gascioly.org no longer in use
8/5/19: Team Registration open
7/30/19: Invitational dates posted
|2/19/2021 - Div C State Tournament - Gravity Vehicle event canceled
2/9/2021 - Effective today, student login is by login ID only. Student e-mails will no longer be used.
1/30 - Div C Protein Modeling - The three papers that competitors need to review for the State competition have been uploaded
1/29 - Login, rosters, event and student signups, deadlines, site-specific rules etc. will be sent via e-mail in the next week directly by the Tournament Director for your Division.
1/13 Modified rules for GASO State Tournaments for B - Mission Possible, B - Mousetrap Vehicle & C - Gravity Vehicle posted. Link from this document.
1/13 - BC State Tournament Schedule available here
1/8 - Event Table, Tournament Format and Some changes to Event Rules have been posted since 11/29. Click on the blue button above that says "Regional & State Tournaments" or the update below dated 11/29
1/4 - State Tournament Event Major Modifications (Minor modifications will be posted at least 4 weeks before Tournament Date)
12/2 - All coaches should have received an email about a presentation on scilympiad. (Check spam if you haven't & ensure scilympiad.com is added to your trusted list if you find it in spam)
- Div B - Mousetrap Vehicle & Div C - Gravity Vehicle
- Rule 6 a. You may run your vehicle on any surface (indoors or outdoors) that will work for you on Tournament Day
- Rule 6 c. The exact Target Distance from the Start Point to the Target Point will be between 4.0 m and 5.0 m. The interval will be 0.10 m for the State Tournament in Georgia.
- Div B - Write-It-CAD-It & Div C - Write-It-CAD-It
- The program that we will use for this event is the free, online CAD program (English version) OnShape. It can be found at https://www.onshape.com/en/
- Students competing in this event should register an account and practice prior to tournament day.
11/29 - Regional and State Tournament information updated
11/21 - We have several checks without associated paperwork. Without the paperwork, your school will be unable to compete
11/19 - Registration for the 2021 season will shut down at noon on 11/22/2020
10/11 - 3 workshops for coaches and test writers hosted at soinc.org/workshops
9/8 - The Process:
9/3 - Registration:
- Register your head coach and school. Returning coaches will need to link to their school
- Choose "Georgia" as your placeholder Regional. Regional Tournaments will not be finalized till later this season.
- Choose "none" when asking for discounts UNLESS your school is new to GASO.
- Print Form required to be signed by your Principal and head coach.
- Get rules from link above
- Send GASO membership fees + invoice + Principal and coach signed form; registration is incomplete without all documents
- If competing in Invitational Tournament - must be received at least 7 business days BEFORE Invitational Tournament
- If only competing in Regional and beyond- must be received no later than 1/10/2021
- Wait for payment confirmation e-mail and check account.
- Check this page for information on Regional Tournaments.
9/3 - Membership Fees:
- Head coach may register or modify team and school registration starting noon 09/08/2020
- Registration ends at noon 11/22/2020
9/1 - Start the season off with a virtual tournament in California (both Div B & Div C). Register here. GASO payments must be received by us no later than 10/3 to compete at this tournament.
- Fees must be received by us no later than 01/10/2021 in order to compete at Regional Tournaments
- To compete in Invitational Tournaments, GASO membership fees must be received by us 7 business days prior to the Invitational.
- The earlier of the two dates above is the one you must choose if the Invitational is after the Regional Fee deadline
- Details of who to make check to and address to send check to are found on your invoice
- NEW: Include Principal reviewed and signed document with your invoice and check
9/1 - National Science Olympiad (SOINC) deadlines:
- 09/01/2020 - My SO launches at SOINC
- 09/01/2020 – Coaching workshop registration and payment at SOINC
- 9/01/2020 - STEM Showdown registration opens
- 09/08/2020 - Rules Manual Released – (each person must register)
- 09/15/2020 – STEM Session posted on SOTV YouTube channel
- 09/19, 9/26, 10/17, 10/24 – Coaching Workshop Series dates
- Coach Meetings Summary
- Check this site for updates
- Georgia using Satellite SO for Regionals & State. Details at soinc.org
- Rules released 9/8/2020 at store.soinc.org
- Coach/Team registration from 09/08 - 11/22 only
- Annual registration fee - $200 per team per school (max 3 teams per school per division).
- $175 per team per school ONLY if new school (never competed/paid GASO) or competed/paid GASO prior to 8/2015
- Payment due dates for teams competing in Invitationals - must be received at least 7 days prior to tournament
- Payment due dates for teams NOT competing at Invitationals - must be received by 1/10/21
- You will receive email from info@scilympiad when payment is processed - check spam