Science Olympiad is nationwide competition. Students compete in 23 events that include earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering. Science Olympiad is designed to increase a student’s interest in STEM fields and provide recognition for outstanding achievement in team events. Students compete in Science Olympiad with the top teams advancing from Regional to State to National levels.
The Colorado Science Olympiad web site provides information to coaches, students, administrators, and the public on the Science Olympiad regional and state competitions, registration, and more. Please click on a link on the overhead banner for more information. Helpful How-To Videos can be found under Coaches>How-To.
As you can imagine, 2020-2021 will be a very dynamic year!
To stay up-to-date, be sure to follow us on the
Students can now take tests online.
- September 1, 2020: COSO School/Team Registration OPENS
- December 15, 2020: COSO early bird registration CLOSES
- January 15, 2021: COSO final registration CLOSES
- March 6, 2021: Colorado All-Regional Tournament [SatelliteSO]
- April 10, 2021: Colorado State Tournament [SatelliteSO]
- May 21-22, 2021: National Tournament @ Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ)
- TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
- COSO 2021 Event Slate Quick Reference
- COSO Satellite SO 2021 Event Modifications/Updates
- COSO Update #8
- COSO Update Archve
- Please remember to download the NEW 2020-2021 Rules Manual HERE. Even though the Nationals event slate is the same, modifications/substitutions have been made to some events to accommodate the new Tournament formats at the Regional and State levels.
- This year Colorado Science Olympiad will be hosting a Satellite SO competition. See the NSO Tournaments page for basic information about this style of competition.
- Help support COSO with your AmazonSmile purchase. Shop like you normally would, and 0.5% of your eligible purchases helps to keep the program afloat. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-1007222