Science Olympiad is nationwide competition. Students compete in 23 events that include earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering. Science Olympiad is designed to increase a student’s interest in STEM fields and provide recognition for outstanding achievement in team events. Students compete in Science Olympiad with the top teams advancing from Regional to State to National levels.
The Colorado Science Olympiad web site provides information to coaches, students, administrators, and the public on the Science Olympiad regional and state competitions, registration, and more. Please click on a link on the overhead banner for more information. Helpful How-To Videos can be found under Coaches>How-To.
As you can imagine, 2020-2021 will be a very dynamic year!
To stay up-to-date, be sure to follow us on the
- September 1, 2020: COSO School/Team Registration OPENS
- December 15, 2020: COSO early bird registration CLOSES
- January 15, 2021: COSO final registration CLOSES
- February 20, 2021: Colorado Southern Regional Tournament @ CSU-P (Pueblo, CO)
- March 6, 2021: Colorado Northern Regional Tournament @ Fossil Ridge High School (Ft. Collins, CO)
- April 10, 2021: Colorado State Tournament @TBD
- May 21-22, 2021: National Tournament @ Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ)
- This year Colorado Science Olympiad will be hosting a modified Satellite SO competition. See the NSO Tournaments page for basic information about this style of competition.
- The 2021 competition year will be replaying the 2020 events (with revisions) per National Science Olympiad mandate. Please read the rationale and changes to the rules HERE
- Help support COSO with your AmazonSmile purchase. Shop like you normally would, and 0.5% of your eligible purchases helps to keep the program afloat. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-1007222