Dodgen-Walton Invitational - November 13, 2021
Welcome to the Dodgen-Walton Science Olympiad Division "B" Invitational Scilympiad Website. We will hold a "Satellite" tournament due to the current COVID-19 conditions in our area. The tournament will be held Saturday, November 13, 2021. Both Experienced and New teams are invited to participate as we will hold two flights
1. Complete the Team/Event information form at this link
2. Register your team and start payment here in Scilympiad - scilympiad.com/dodgen-walton .
Click on "Register your school" or select "Coaches" / "School/Teams Registration" at top of this page.
3. Send your check and Invoice form to Walton High School (Due by October 12th)
- We are planning to run all 23 events virtually.
- Fee - $75 per team for all schools, except Georgia schools are discounted to $60 per team. This is a fundraiser for the Dodgen Middle School & Walton High School Science Olympiad teams.
- No cap on number of teams from an individual school
- We plan to use the Sciolympiad platform for on-line testing
- Satellite format tournament - teams will compete from their own schools. Contact tournament director if your school is not open.
- Experienced teams will write and judge the events
- Newer teams will assist an experienced team with grading
- Top students will earn special medals and the three top teams from each flight will receive a unique team award.
- 2 Flights will be held. The top flight is for schools who are nationally ranked or scored near the top in their state. The 2nd flight is for all other schools to provide an opportunity for those students to shine.
*** Each competing team must also be registered (and paid up) with your own state’s Science Olympiad program by November 1st (>1 week prior to the Invitational). No refunds of the Dodgen-Walton Invitational Fee will be provided past October 12th, so please complete your State registration on time. Paying the State dues is a national requirement for participating in Science Olympiad Invitationals ***
If you are interested in attending a one hour virtual "New Coach" workshop, email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can identify if there is interest for us to hold this class. If you have questions about how Science Olympiad works, experienced coaches will give you advice during this workshop. The workshop is free of charge. We will work out the date for this once we assess interest. In the past we have done it the morning of our invitational, but we are considering holding a session in October if that helps the coaches.
New Coach Workshop
Email Kathy Jacobson at email@example.com if you would like to learn more about our tournament.
Tournament Resources: (coming soon)
Event list with special tournament modifications for virtual environment
- Invitational Rules Clarifications
Schedule This year we will follow the National Schedule with a single thread for written type tests and signups for building events.
Students - to take your tests
- In top Blue Bar, select "Tournament" -> "Student Dashboard" -> "Take test using Login ID"
All times on the Schedule are in the Eastern Standard Time Zone
Tournament - November 13, 2021
Flight 1 - TBD
Flight 2 - TBD
Sign up for event timeslots - October 22nd @ 7pm EDT through Nov 2nd.
On tournament day, student will take tests online by going to "Tournament" -> "Student Dashboard"
Information about Science Olympiad
Science Olympiad is nationwide competition. Students compete in 23 events that include earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering. Science Olympiad is designed to increase a student’s interest in STEM fields and provide recognition for outstanding achievement in team events. Students compete in Science Olympiad with the top teams advancing from Regional to State to National levels.
Please, review the rules for the events by downloading them at the Soinc website.