The New Mexico State Science Olympiad tournament is hosted by New Mexico Tech in Socorro, NM. Teams from Divisions B and C will have the opportunity to compete in Regional events across the state. We look forward to supporting our students in STEM! More details can be found at NMT.edu/STEM
Science Olympiad is nationwide competition. Students compete in 23 events that include earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering. Science Olympiad is designed to increase a student’s interest in STEM fields and provide recognition for outstanding achievement in team events. Students compete in Science Olympiad with the top teams advancing from Regional to State to National levels.
State Science Olympiad 2023 will be held February 25th, 2023.
This will be a In-person Event.
2.25.23: In Person Competition
2.25.23: Awards Ceremony - The award ceremony is planned for in person on NMT Campus. This will also be live streamed for anyone that is unable to be present for it. Here is the link for the live streamed Awards Ceremony.
6pm - 7pm - B Division Awards
7pm - 8pm - C Division Awards
• Masks are optional.
• Indoor food and drinks will be allowed.
• Spectators, family, and friends are welcomed to join us.
- W Gym - 80' wide x 103' long: Ceilings approx. 25’ high
- E Gym - 54' wide x 95' long: Ceilings approx. 20’ high
- Racquetball - 19' wide x 39' long
• Aerial Scramble:
o We will be providing the Guillows Skystreak Glider for students.
Lessons Learned to pass on to competitors:
•Flight Ready means flight ready straight out of the competitor prepared box. The planes cannot be built to a larger size after they have been accepted by Event Supervisor in the box. Bottomline you can’t provide a plane in pieces, take it out of the box and build the fuselage longer.
•Log Books and Design Log must have a cover sheet AND have rules and required measurements, They must have the required number of trails (10).
•Label your aircraft.
•Box dimensions /measurements are to the exterior of the box – very explicit in rules yet three teams missed the height measurement.
•Again, read the rules and construction instructions – all of them.
•Coaches are not allowed to coach or talk to the teams once they are checking in. They also cannot tough the checked in planes.
•Motor handoff from check in point back to the team, and start of the ten minute clock is important. Do not take your motors away from the check in point /table once weighed in. That technically starts your clock.
•It's About Time:
• This event is scheduled in two rooms. Teams can impound in either Workman 107 or 115 (if one gets too full, volunteers will redirect as necessary), but must attend in the same room that they impound in.
• Dynamic Planet:
• Teams will need a calculator and ruler for the exam.
• Please be sure that students have their printed notebooks and cheat sheets; as time out of browser is being monitored, and for the majority of events is not allowed.
• Please be sure to remove cell phones during testing to help prevent the temptation of cheating.
|6:00-7:00pm||Division B Awards||Macey Center|
|7:00-8:00pm||Division C Awards||Macey Center|
Note: This is a generic home page. You can update content of any page by clicking on Content-> Update Content.