Kentucky Science Olympiad State Tournament
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Live Updates (Last Updated 1:54 p.m. ET on April 10)
Upload Video Submission Forms for Boomilever (B/C), Gravity Vehicle (C) and Mousetrap Vehicle (B) - Must submit by 5 p.m. on April 10.
- Mission Possible Zoom link (only join during the time you sign up for on the Google Sheet below): https://uky.zoom.us/j/86743947136
- "Stay-in-browser" requirements in Scilympiad updated to reflect the Info for Coaches document shared previously. Tests that allow "unlimited resources" will permit time outside of browser.
- Event Self-schedule (for Mission Possible) is reopened for Division B.
- Alternates can compete in trial events, as we shared previously. We adjusted settings to allow those assignments.
- Our Write It Cad It let us know that the Scilympiad-friendly version requires two separate events. You should assign the student writer to the WICI - WRITER and the student CADer to the WICI - CADer assignment. The system will allow you to make this assignment change since roster changes can still be done.
- Trial Events of Gravity Vehicle (C) and Mousetrap Vehicle (B) are video uploads (not live).
- Game On theme is water
- Target distance for Gravity Vehicle and Mousetrap Vehicle is 10.5
Scilympiad Reference Guides
Students should ensure they can access Scilympiad with their Login IDs (as provided by head coaches) before the start of the Tournament. Make sure you know your way around Scilympiad using these guides:
Head Coach Reference Guide
Student Reference Guide
Welcome Webinar at 9 a.m. on April 10
We hope coaches and students will join us for a kickoff from 9-9:30 a.m. ET (8-8:30 a.m. CT) on Saturday morning, before the first block begins at 10 a.m. ET. You can register in advance for this Zoom webinar. Webcam and microphone is not needed for the webinar.
You can return to that Webinar if you need additional help throughout the day. Be sure to first review the Student Login instructions and Student Reference Guide first!
You can email the KYSO team at any time Saturday at email@example.com. We will monitor it throughout the day to troubleshoot questions.
For the 2020-2021 season, the Division B and Division C Rules Manuals will be FREE ONLINE for the public in a PDF format on the Science Olympiad Store. Simply fill out your contact information and agree to the Terms of Service, and the Rules Manuals are yours on your laptop, tablet or phone. Those who wish to order print copies of the Rules Manual may still do so. The Science Olympiad Mobile Rules App will no longer be available. You will have to enter your email address manually, if you copy and paste the email address it may not work.