2016-2017 San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Registration
Divisions B (grades 6-9) & C (grades 9-12)
Thank you for your interest in the 2016-2017 San Diego Regional Science Olympiad season. In order to compete at the San Diego Regional Competition, the following requirements must be met:
- Register Online (see below for details)
- Pay required membership fees (see below for fee schedule)
- Provide Division B Certificate of Liability Insurance / Division C Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Complete Required Registration Documents
- Regional Forms Checklist
- Minor Photo and Video Release
- Adult Photo and Video Release
- Minor General Release of All Claims
- Adult General Release of All Claims
- Minor Release of Authorization for Emergency Treatment
- Adult Release of Authorization for Emergency Treatment
- Division B Roster of Participating Students OR
- Division C Roster of Participating Students
- Field Trip Permission Slips - please check with your school to see if they're required
- Supply one adult volunteer per registered team at the Competition (Online Volunteer Signup will be posted once volunteer plan is finalized)
Limit on number of teams per school
Each middle school, junior high school and high school may send up to six teams. Each team has a maximum of 15 students. There is no minimum number of students per team. Because Division A Competition does not take place in San Diego County, elementary schools may register up to two teams per school to compete at the Division B Competition. 112 teams competed at 2016 Division B San Diego Regional Competition, close to the full capacity of 120 teams. We urge teams to register and pay membership fees as soon as possible to ensure their participation in 2017 Regional Competition, especially in Division B where full capacity is anticipated. The last day to add additional teams is December 1, 2016 or when capacity has been reached.
Beginning this year, online registration is required, especially due to the available online functions such as submission of team names, self-scheduled event signups and selecting team camps. Please complete the Online Registration as soon as possible. We will use your registered contact information for communication purposes and to confirm your intention to participate in the 2016-2017 San Diego Regional Science Olympiad season. Team registration is not required during this process, only school and Head Coach or designated Co-Head Coach profiles are required. Once registered, Head Coaches or designated Co-Head Coaches may add additional team members to assist with team management. High school students may register as Head Coaches and/or Co-Head Coaches.
Membership Fee Schedule:
Teams are not officially registered until membership fees are received and processed.
(National $60 per team, State $60 per school/per division & Regional $60 per team)
First Team: $180 (National + State + Regional)
Each Additional team: $120 (National + Regional)
Teams are required to pay fees to National, State and San Diego Regional Science Olympiad in order to participate in the San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Competition. Rules Manuals are printed by the National Science Olympiad and will be mailed to team coaches upon receipt of membership fees and completion of the online registration. One Rules Manual per registered team. They will also be available at the First Meeting of Head Coaches scheduled on October 26, 2016; however, teams are encouraged to register and pay for at least one team as soon as possible in order to receive Rules Manuals in a timely manner.
Payment Methods – PayPal or Checks (No purchase orders)
Make sure to complete School/Head Coach or designated Co-Head Coach Registration prior to adding teams.
To pay online:
- Click on the Pay membership fees button below. You will be prompted to log in. Note: If you haven't registered your school or associated with one, the system will redirect you to the School Listing so you can review the list and register your school if necessary.
- Select PayPal for immediate processing. Note, PayPal charges approximately 2.2% plus $0.30 per transaction.
To pay by check:
Make check payable to Science Olympiad, note school name on memo line if school name is not written on the check and mail to:Attention: Zoom Duong
San Diego Science Olympiad
PO Box 720674
San Diego, CA 92172
Some schools require an invoice for payment processing.