2019 San Diego Regional SO (Science Olympiad) Registration
Divisions B (grades 6-9) & C (grades 9-12)
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 San Diego Regional Science Olympiad season. In order to compete at the San Diego Regional Tournament, the following requirements must be met:
- Register your school. Returning coaches, log in and new coaches select new member to initiate the process. One email per division - Registration opens August 17, 2018
- Pay required registration fees - $250 per team (see below for breakdown)
- Principal verification of head coaches and/or student board (email will be sent to principal for verification)
- Complete Required Registration Documents (for 2019 season, San Diego Regional will forgo Certificate of Insurance Requirement)
- General Release of All Claims
- Photo and Video Release
- Division B Roster of Participating Students OR
- Division C Roster of Participating Students
- Provide one adult proctor per registered team, except for schools sending 6 teams. Schools sending 6 teams will be required to provide 7 adult proctors. Proctors must be available the entire day in which their school is competing. (Online Volunteer Signup will be published once volunteer plan is finalized)
Limit on number of teams per school (6 teams per school)
Each middle school, junior high school and high school may send up to six teams. Each team has a maximum of 15 students. There is no minimum number of students per team. Elementary schools may register up to six teams per school to compete at the Division B Competition. Safety and age-appropriate apply. 122 teams competed at the 2018 Division B San Diego Regional Tournament, beyond capacity of 120 teams. We urge teams to register and pay registration fees as soon as possible to ensure their participation in the 2019 Regional Tournament, especially in Division B where full capacity is anticipated. The last day to add additional teams is December 1, 2018 or to capacity of 120 teams per Division, whichever occurs first.
Registration opens August 17, 2018:
Online registration is required, especially due to the available online functions such as submission of team names, self-scheduled event signups, selecting team headquarters, and online scoring. Once registered, Head Coaches or designated Co-Head Coaches may add additional team members to assist with team management. High school students may register as Club President or Club Vice President.
2019 Registration Fees: $250 per team
Teams are not officially registered until registration fees are received and processed.
Breakdown of membership fees: Regional $150 per team + State $40 per team + National $60 per team
For example: $250 x 6 teams = $1500 in registration fees for school sending 6 teams to Regional Tournament.
Teams are required to pay registration fees to National, State and San Diego Regional in order to participate in the San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Tournament.
Payment Methods – PayPal or Checks (No purchase orders)
To pay by PayPal or to generate invoice for your school to process payment, log in and click Head Coach Dashboard under Coaches menu -> Register/Update Teams -> Add a team. After team added, click on View Registration Fees. Southern California State Science Olympiad will cover PayPal processing fees.
To pay by checks, make checks payable to Southern California Science Olympiad and mail payment to:
Southern California Science Olympiad
2130 E Mariposa Ave #5
El Segundo, CA 90245
Make sure to include school name and Division on checks