2018 San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Registration
Divisions B (grades 6-9) & C (grades 9-12)
Thank you for your interest in the 2018 San Diego Regional Science Olympiad season. In order to compete at the San Diego Regional Tournament, the following requirements must be met:
- Register Online (see below for details). One email per division - Registration opens Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Pay required registration fees - $225 per team (see below for fee schedule)
- Principal verification of head coaches and/or student board (email will be sent to principal for verification)
- Provide Certificate of Liability Insurance (Upload Certificate of Liability Insurance under Head Coach Dashboard, Competition Day Section, Upload Documents button)
- Complete Required Registration Documents (TBD)
- Regional Forms Checklist
- Minor Photo and Video Release
- Adult Photo and Video Release
- Minor General Release of All Claims
- Adult General Release of All Claims
- Division B Roster of Participating Students OR
- Division C Roster of Participating Students
- Supply one adult volunteer per registered team at the Competition except for schools sending 6 teams. Schools sending 6 teams will be required to provide 7 adult volunteers. (Online Volunteer Signup will be posted once volunteer plan is finalized)
Limit on number of teams per school (6 teams per school)
Each middle school, junior high school and high school may send up to six teams. Each team has a maximum of 15 students. There is no minimum number of students per team. Elementary schools may register up to six teams per school to compete at the Division B Competition. Safety and age-appropriate apply. 117 teams competed at the 2017 Division B San Diego Regional Tournament, close to the full capacity of 120 teams. We urge teams to register and pay membership fees as soon as possible to ensure their participation in the 2018 Regional Tournament, especially in Division B where full capacity is anticipated. The last day to add additional teams is December 1, 2017 or when capacity has been reached.
Registration opens Tuesday, September 5, 2017:
Online registration is required, especially due to the available online functions such as submission of team names, self-scheduled event signups, selecting team headquarters, and online scoring. Once registered, Head Coaches or designated Co-Head Coaches may add additional team members to assist with team management. High school students may register as Head Coaches and/or Co-Head Coaches.
Registration Fees: $225 per team
Teams are not officially registered until registration fees are received and processed.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, the registration fees are $225 per team (not per school).
Breakdown of $225 registration fees: Regional $125 per team + State $40 per team + National $60 per team
For example: $225 x 6 teams = $1350 in registration fees for school sending 6 teams to Regional Tournament.
Teams are required to pay registration fees to National, State and San Diego Regional in order to participate in the San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Tournament.
Payment Methods – PayPal or Checks (No purchase orders)
Click on "Register Your School"
Click on Pay Member Fees (system will ask you to add teams if you have done so already)
System will display the total registration fees and the 2 available payment methods
Make checks payable to Southern California Science Olympiad and mail payment to:
Southern California Science Olympiad
2130 E. Mariposa Ave #5
El Segundo, CA 90245-5021