2019 San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Registration
Divisions B (grades 6-9) & C (grades 9-12)
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 San Diego Regional Science Olympiad season. In order to compete at the San Diego Regional Tournament, the following requirements must be met:
- Create School Profile (see below for details). One email per division - Registration opens August 16, 2018
- Pay required registration fees - TBD per team (see below for fee schedule)
- Principal verification of head coaches and/or student board (email will be sent to principal for verification)
- Complete Required Registration Documents
- General Release of All Claims
- Photo and Video Release
- Division B Roster of Participating Students OR
- Division C Roster of Participating Students
- Provide one adult proctor per registered team, except for schools sending 6 teams. Schools sending 6 teams will be required to provide 7 adult proctors. Proctors must be available the entire day in which their school is competiting. (Online Volunteer Signup will be published once volunteer plan is finalized)
Limit on number of teams per school (6 teams per school)
Each middle school, junior high school and high school may send up to six teams. Each team has a maximum of 15 students. There is no minimum number of students per team. Elementary schools may register up to six teams per school to compete at the Division B Competition. Safety and age-appropriate apply. 117 teams competed at the 2017 Division B San Diego Regional Tournament, close to the full capacity of 120 teams. We urge teams to register and pay registration fees as soon as possible to ensure their participation in the 2019 Regional Tournament, especially in Division B where full capacity is anticipated. The last day to add additional teams is December 1, 2018 or when capacity has been reached.
Registration opens Wednesday, August 16, 2018:
Online registration is required, especially due to the available online functions such as submission of team names, self-scheduled event signups, selecting team headquarters, and online scoring. Once registered, Head Coaches or designated Co-Head Coaches may add additional team members to assist with team management. High school students may register as Head Coaches and/or Co-Head Coaches.
Registration Fees: TBD per team - Pending announcement of State Registration fee
Teams are not officially registered until registration fees are received and processed.
For the 2018-2019 season, the registration fees are TBD per team (not per school).
Breakdown of $? registration fees: Regional $150 per team + State TBD per team + National $60 per team
For example: $ x 6 teams = $ in registration fees for school sending 6 teams to Regional Tournament.
Teams are required to pay registration fees to National, State and San Diego Regional in order to participate in the San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Tournament.
Payment Methods – PayPal or Checks (No purchase orders)
Click on "Register Your School"
Click on Pay Member Fees (system will ask you to add teams if you have done so already)
System will display the total registration fees and the 2 available payment methods
Make checks payable to Southern California Science Olympiad and mail payment to:
Southern California Science Olympiad
2130 E Mariposa Ave #5
El Segundo, CA 90245