2022-2023 San Diego Regional SO (Science Olympiad) Registration
Divisions B (grades 6-9) & C (grades 9-12)
Thank you for your interest in the San Diego Regional Science Olympiad. In order to compete at the San Diego Regional Tournament, the following requirements must be met:
- Register your school. Returning coaches, log in, click Coaches > Head Coach Dashboard. To reset password, click Log in > Forgot password. New coaches, click Log in then select New member. Once account registration is completed, log in to the account and register your school. School Registration and other team functions are located at Head Coach Dashboard under Coaches menu. School registration is to inform San Diego Regional SO your intention to participate in the 2023 season. Registration fees payment is not required at the initial school registration process.
- Pay required registration fees - $280 per team (Regional $160 + State $60 + National $60)
- Principal verification of head coaches and/or club officers (email automatically sent to principal for verification)
- Complete Required Registration Documents
- Provide one adult proctor per team, except for schools sending at least 5 teams. Schools sending at least 5 teams will be required to provide 8 adult proctors. Proctors must be available the entire day. Online Volunteer Signup will be published once volunteer plan has been finalized. Schools new to Science Olympiad and schools with one team of 6 participants or less are exempted from providing volunteer proctors.
Limit on number of teams per school (6 teams per school) - limit does not apply to 2023 season
Each team has a maximum of 15 students. There is no minimum number of students per team. For additional information on Team Size and Grade Levels, please see National Science Olympiad guidelines here
Registration opens September 6, 2022
Once registered, Head Coaches may add additional team members to assist with team management. High school students may register as Club Officer. Head Coach and Student Officer roles have access to team management functions. Principal verification of head coaches and/or club officers is required (email automatically sent to principal for verification)
2023 Registration Fees: $280 per team
Teams are not officially registered until registration fees are received and processed
Breakdown of membership fees: Regional $160 per team + State $60 per team + National $60 per team
Teams are required to pay registration fees to National, State and San Diego Regional in order to participate in the San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Tournament
Payment Methods – PayPal or Checks (No purchase orders)
To pay by PayPal or to generate invoice for your school to process payment, log in and click Head Coach Dashboard under Coaches menu > Register/Update Teams > Add a team. After team added, click on View Registration Fees. Southern California State Science Olympiad will absorb PayPal processing fees.
To pay by checks, make checks payable to Southern California Science Olympiad and mail payment to:
Southern California Science Olympiad
4321 W. 168th St.
Lawndale, CA 90260
Make sure to include school name and Division on checks