2019-2020 Science Olympiad Registration
Divisions B (grades 6-9), Division C (grades 9-12), Division A (grades K-6)
Thank you for your interest in the 2019-2020 Washington Science Olympiad season. In order to compete, the following requirements must be met:
- Register Online (see below for details)
- Pay required membership fees (see below for fee schedule)
- Comply with each Tournament Director's request for information/documents - that may include:
- Division B Roster of Participating Students OR
- Division C Roster of Participating Students
- Minor Photo/Video Release
- Minor General Release of All Claims
- Acknowledgement to abide by the WSO Team Conduct Policy (and other national/WSO policies)
- Each team will have a designated adult coach (at least 21 years old)
Team Composition and Limit on Number of Teams per School
Each team may have a maximum of 15 students. There is no minimum number of students per team - teams may consist of only 1 student. Only 6 teams from a school may register during the early registration period (August 1-December 1). Additional teams from one school may register during the late registration period (December 2-January 15) on a space-available basis.
Online registration is required, especially due to the available online functions such as submission of team names, program-generated messages, etc.). Please complete the Online Registration as soon as possible. We will use your registered contact information for communication purposes and to confirm your intention to participate in the 2019-2020 Science Olympiad season. Team rosters do not need to be submitted for WSO registration - only the team coach (or designee) must register. Once registered, the coach (or designee) may add up to 2 assistant coaches, including student team captains.
Membership Fee Schedule:
Teams are not officially registered until membership fees or Purchase Order or payment by check is received and processed. See Fee Schedule at https://scilympiad.com/wa/reg. Once payment or PO or check is received, coach will receive confirmation of registration.
Fees paid to WSO cover applicable registration fees for regional, state, and national tournaments. No other registration fees are required during this season. Teams are expected to cover their own travel expenses.
Rules manuals are available online at the National Science Olympiad web site starting 9/3/19. Go to soinc.org. Reminder that ONLY when team registration is finalized with WSO will the team be able to compete in Washington (including invitational tournaments).
Online Coach/School/Team Registration
To complete your online team registration (if you have not already):
Head coach creates an account to log on. [If account already created, log on.]
Head coach (or designee) registers a school - go to https://scilympiad.com/wa/Reg/AddSchool
If registering multiple teams, head coach - go to Update School/Add Teams link.
Payment Methods – PayPal, Purchase Order, or Check
Make sure to complete School/Head Coach Registration prior to adding school/teams. Once teams have been added, you can pay. For new schools, be sure to contact State Director for registration waivers or discounts.
To pay online:
- Click on the Pay membership fees button below. You will be prompted to log in. Note: If you haven't registered your school or associated with one, the system will redirect you to the School Listing so you can review the list and register your school if necessary.
- Select PayPal for immediate processing. Note, PayPal charges a small fee that is covered by the payee.
- Registration confirmation will be sent following payment confirmation.
To pay by Purchase Order:
- Email full copy of Purchase Order to firstname.lastname@example.org (registration will not be processed with the PO # only - send the actual PO).
- State Director will finalize team registration and send confirmation.
- State Director will invoice the school/school district and credit the team registration when paid. Invoice terms are Net 30 (e.g., payment to be made within 30 days of receipt of invoice).
To pay by check:
Make check payable to Science Olympiad, note school name on memo line if school name is not written on the check and mail to:Sue Murphy, State Director
Washington Science Olympiad
15112 W 3rd Addition Rd.
Cheney, WA 99004
Registration confirmation will be sent following receipt of payment.