If you are interested in writing a test for future competitions, please fill out the form here.
The event will run from Saturday, November 21st, 2020 (3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT) to Saturday, November 28th, 2020 (3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT).
Registration ends Thursday, November 19th, 2020 (3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT).
The three events that will be run are Cell Biology, Circuit Lab, and Pokemon Trivia.
Circuit Lab, Cell Biology, and Pokemon Trivia will be run through Scilympiad as a solo event.
Follow the following directions in order to register for this event.
NOTE: You must have a Scioly.org account to register. If you do not have an account, register here before you continue.
- You will need to register in advance for every event you participate in.
- Before competition, we will release a set of Login IDs for ever participating user, through google sheets. Use that to login with the button above to take the test on the test day.
- When logging in ("Take Tests Online" button), you will be prompted for your email and password. Use the email and password you registered with in order to login.
- You may take the test any time between Friday (3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT) and Monday (3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT).
- Once finished, results will be posted on Scioly.org and on this website.
All times on days will be 3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT.
- November 12 - Registration opens! Registration is through Google Forms, and you will login through Scilympiad later (instructions will be provided)
- November 19 - Registration for SMEC closes. We will not be accepting late registrations for Scilympiad.
- November 20 - Emails will be sent out containing instructions for Scilympiad logins.
- November 21 - Event starts!
- November 28 - Event ends!
Will students in college be able to compete?
Yes. Students must be 13 years of age or older, and must be in middle school, high school or college. Post-collegiate students MAY compete.
Will there be prizes?
There will not be any prizes for this month's Scioly.org Monthly Event Challenges.
What do I do if I have trouble accessing the Scilympiad system, before or during my test?
Contact sciolyperson1 on forums or by email (here). If you have questions about the event as a whole, contact bernard on forums or by email (here).
What events will be held in future SMECs?
Future SEMCs will include an event rotation consisting of present and past events. Stay tuned to find out!
Do I have to participate in Science Olympiad at my own school/homeschool in order to participate in this event?
No! The only requirement is a scioly.org acount.
- Any participant must 13 years of age or older and have an account on Scioly.org to participate.
- Participants must still abide by the code of ethics and general rules on soinc.org.
- Events follow past or current Science Olympiad rules found on the Science Olympiad store. Events follow national level rules.
Disclaimer: By signing up, you are confirming that you are of 13 years of age or older. We reserve the right to remove underage participants from the event. Moreover, by signing up, your personal information such as your Username, School, and state may be shared with members beyond the Scioly.org staff team for the purposes of scoring and running the event. Your username, school, state, and grade may also be shared to the public for results. We reserve the right to disqualify any participant due to suspicion of ineligibility including, but not limited to age restrictions or suspicion of academic dishonesty. Data submitted through Scilympiad will be stored through Scilympiad. Only participants located in the United States may register for this event.