NEXT STATE TOURNAMENT on APRIL 8, 2023 at UMAINE
2023 Maine State Science Olympiad Registration
Division C (grades 9-12), Divisions B (grades 6-9), Division A (Elementary)
The following requirements must be completed to compete at the Maine State Science Olympiad Tournament or any Science Olympiad invitational tournament during the 2022-2023 Science Olympiad season.
- Register Online (see Registration below)
- Pay required membership fee (see Membership Fee Schedule below)
- Complete Required Registration Documents: (C and B only)
- Division C (Grades 9-12) Roster of Participating Students – OR –
- Division B (Grades 6-9) Roster of Participating Students
- (Division A requires no student names.)
- Arrange at least one adult volunteer per team to chaperone and at least one adult volunteer to work at the State Tournament (see Online Volunteer Signup)
- Provide confirmation that head coach has the following:
- Minor Photo and Video Releases and Authorization for Emergency Treatment and emergency contact for each member of the team
- Adult Photo and Video Releases and Authorization for Emergency Treatment and emergency contact for each member of the team
(No) Limit on the number of teams per school
Schools are able to register more than one team per division. The location for the 2023 State Tournament will not have a space limitations.
Limit on number of students per team:
Each team can have a maximum of 15 students (see grade level restrictions here). A team may of course have less than 15 students, and even consist of only those students wanting to compete in a specific event.
Rule Manuals will be available as of September 2022 online for free here.
Online registration is required. The information you provide can be updated at any time prior to the competition day.
- Complete the Online Registration for the School/Head Coach prior to registering teams. Co-Head Coaches and others working with your team also can register.
- Complete the Online Registration for each team as soon as possible. The contact information is confirmation of your intention to participate in the 2022-2023 Maine State Science Olympiad season.
Membership Fee Schedule:
You register your school and team before proceeding to the payment section. Teams will not receive a membership identification number until membership fees are received and processed. The team identification number is your confirmation of tournament registration. Science Olympiad fees directly cover the National Office operation, the cost of our state tournament medals and trophies, and the availability of rules and information on the national websites. Our state staff are all volunteers and are not compensated.
Team membership fee includes National Science Olympiad and local Maine State Science Olympiad Organization fees. With continued support from UMaine, we can reduce However, we will reduce those fees from the standard $120 of past pre-pandemic years. We also are working to generate donations and sponsors that will reduce these fees in the future, and provide support for the teams headed to Nationals. They are:
Returning and Recent Schools (competed in last 5 years), Reduced Rates:
Division C - $70, Division B - $70
New Schools (first time in the Maine State Science Olympiad Tournament)
Division C - $60, Division B - $60
If fees present a hardship for any school or team, please contact us! We have limited sponsor support available..
Payment is by CHECK ONLY (NO PURCHASE ORDERS) or by credit/debit card via PayPal: please email the State Directors Office at email@example.com for information on paying electronically. Make checks payable to Maine State Science Olympiad. If you are using a school check, some systems have W-9 requirements, so we can also accept checks made payable to the University of Maine, Sci. Oly. Acct. (The UMaine System is likely already a vendor in your district/system's accounting.) Write your school name and # of teams on the memo line.
Maine State Science Olympiad (MS²O²)
Attn: David Sturm
274 French Street
Bangor, Maine 04401
Please note the check must be payable to MAINE STATE SCIENCE OLYMPIAD or University of Maine, Sci. Oly. Acct. Errors result in delays.
An invoice will be sent upon online request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide name and email address on the form to send the invoice. (In time, this will be converted to an online self-service system.)
There is no charge for any Elementary School wanting to hold a Division A in-school event.