Science Olympiad is nationwide competition. Students compete in 23 events that include earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering. Science Olympiad is designed to increase a student’s interest in STEM fields and provide recognition for outstanding achievement in team events. Students compete in Science Olympiad with the top teams advancing from Regional to State to National levels.
Chattahoochee High School is committed to providing a fruitful experience to kids who are interested in pursuing STEM subjects.
- Each school may register up to 3 teams, but please note that the third team will be waitlisted to ensure the safety of all participants. The status of waitlisted teams will be updated in November.
- You can register your team using this Google Form Link, which can also be accessed through our website. Registration will close after November 10th. The tournament will cost $80 per team. We will provide more information about payments once your school is registered
- In addition to registering your teams, please choose an event to help run at the tournament. Choose the event option your team is best suited to oversee. Scheduling will open mid November.
- We will NOT have lunch orders this year due to COVID-19 concerns.
Due to COVID-19, there is a possibility that the Chattahoochee Div B tournament may be moved to a virtual miniSO format. The price for the miniSO format will remain the same as the in-person format. By registering for the tournament teams acknowledge that this change may happen and can not refund. In the meantime, our tournament will follow the Fulton County COVID-19 precautions, which currently observes a mask mandate. We will also have certain COVID-19 policies to make sure our tournament will run in the safest possible way for everyone involved, as detailed below.
- Our county currently has a mask mandate, which we will be enforcing during the tournament.
- We will be expanding the number of rooms available for each team to limit close contact.
- We are setting limits on the number of teams that may attend and the number of adults that may accompany each team.
- At each event, we will have spaced-out seating in classrooms.
- For the awards ceremony, we are looking at a variety of strategies to limit large gatherings. One idea included live streaming the ceremony then distributing awards to each school individually.
- In the hallways, one-directional walking will be enforced to limit crowding at intersections.
If you run into problems or have questions, please email both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. More information can be found on our website here.
We look forward to seeing you at our competition!
Chattahoochee Science Olympiad