Thank you for your interest in coaching our Science Olympians! Our coaching team consists of parent volunteers and high school students. No special qualifications are required to be a science olympiad coach but an education or work background in the field relevant to the event would be a plus.
Below are the requirements to be a coach
- MANDATORY : Megan's Law Level II Clearance: FBI and DOJ Background Check
- TB testing - every 4 years.
- High School student coaches of PUSD do not require Megan's Level II clearance.
- All SO classes will be Mon-Thurs after school, in BHMS campus
- Provide a time commitment of at least 2 hours weekly - class time and prep.
- Prepare lesson plans, practice schedules and tests.
- Make fair and objective recommendations
- Follow the letter of rules and ethics laid down by the National Science Olympiad
- Be available on competition days
- Run an event at invitational
- Be proctor at regional
For further queries regarding coaching, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "SO Coach for 2019-20"